Sandy Springs is a vibrant, fast-growing city which was named one of Forbes magazine’s Top 25 Towns in which to Live Well in 2010. Incorporated in 2005, Sandy Springs is situated about 17 miles from downtown Atlanta and is the second largest city in the metro Area. It offers its residents a safe, quiet, family-oriented community with a wide range of choices to call home, including charming traditional single-family homes on tree-lined streets and modern new construction townhomes and lofts. Opportunities for outdoor activities abound with 11 parks and recreation centers and miles of hiking and biking trails. Sandy Springs residents also enjoy excellent schools and low taxes.
Sandy Springs offers many opportunities for employment as the home base or regional hub for several Fortune 500 companies including Cox Communications, UPS, Newell-Rubbermaid and most recently Mercedes Benz-USA. It is also home to a thriving medical community with the largest concentration of major healthcare facilities in metro Atlanta. Hospitals and medical centers in Sandy Springs include Northside Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
Sandy Springs is set along 22 miles of Chattahoochee River shoreline, offering beautiful trails for hiking and exploring as well as fishing, rafting, kayaking, canoeing and more. There are many opportunities for outdoor and recreational activities including numerous biking trails, Morgan Falls Overland Park, Big Trees Forest Preserve, Abernathy Greenway Park, Hammond Park and the state of the art Sandy Springs Tennis Center. The Sandy Springs Farmers Market is a gathering place for residents on Saturday mornings during the spring, summer and fall months, and Concerts by the Springs is an annual series of free outdoor concerts, open to the public.
The real estate market in Sandy Springs is thriving with rising home values and a variety of housing options including modern new construction townhomes, lofts and condos alongside charming traditional single family homes in swim/tennis communities. Popular neighborhoods include:
Sandy Springs is served by seven elementary schools, two middle schools and two public high schools. In addition, 41 private schools serve the area. Sandy Springs students have access to some of Fulton County’s top charter schools, such as Riverwood International Charter School, which has been called the second-best high school in the state, and offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, recognized around the world for its high academic, service and examination requirements.
Public schools in the Sandy Springs include:
- Dunwoody Springs Charter Elementary
- Heards Ferry Elementary School
- High Point Elementary School
- Ison Springs Elementary School
- Lake Forest Elementary School
- Spalding Drive Charter Elementary School
- Woodland Elementary School
- Ridgeview Charter Middle School
- Sandy Springs Middle School
- North Springs High School
- Riverwood International Charter School
Private schools in Sandy Springs include:
- The Galloway School
- Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School
- The Weber School
- The Epstein School
- Holy Spirit Preparatory School
- Mount Vernon Presbyterian School
- Safe, affordable neighborhoods
- A wide variety of housing options including single family homes, lofts, townhomes and high rise condos
- 22 Miles of Chattahoochee River coastline for recreational activities
- Home to numerous corporate headquarters making Sandy Springs a great place to call home with a minimal commute
- Numerous parks and hiking and biking trails
- Access to excellent medical care at Sandy Springs-based hospitals and medical facilities
- Established neighborhoods alongside modern, new construction
- Top Schools and plentiful places of worship
- Abundant options for shopping and dining
- Quick access to 400, 285, 75/85 for easy commutes to Midtown, Downtown and Alpharetta as well as museums, professional sporting teams, fine dining, art galleries and more.
MLS #5925198View Details
MLS #5909333View Details
MLS #5951731View Details
MLS #5903974View Details
MLS #5948146View Details
MLS #5900983View Details
MLS #5895583View Details
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2016 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.